Shred Day, Saturday, May 12, 9 am–12 pm*
Saturday, May 12th, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
*Or until truck is full
Park Avenue Branch (Located at 2019 Emmorton Rd in Bel Air)
Bring your financial documents to shred
– Please limit the number of boxes to 4
– No business materials
Enter our Shred Day drawing for a chance to win a new shredder!
Shred Day Drawing/Sweepstakes Rules
Register Online for Our Free Home Selling Seminar
Are you looking to sell your home? Plan to attend our free Home Selling seminar on May 15 at MedStar Health’s Turner Community Room.
This convenient seminar covers everything from staging to settlement. Topics include how to get the necessary documents in order, what happens when your house goes on the market, and what happens at closing.
Date: May 15, 2018
Time: 6:30–8:00 p.m.
MedStar Health’s Turner Community room
12 MedStar Blvd, Bel Air (next to our branch on Emmorton Road)
Please register for this event. Please register online, or call our Contact Center at 800-440-4120 for assistance.
Open a Youth Account, Get a Deposit Match!
Start a youth account at Freedom, and we’ll help you start out right. Open a new Youth Club account in April and we’ll match your initial deposit up to $25!1
We’ve got accounts with special benefits for young people ages birth to 25:
- Stork — For parents of infants to 2 years of age
- Kirby Kangaroo — For kids age 3 to 12
- CU Succeed — For teens age 13 to 17
- Choices — For young adults age 18 to 25
Each club comes with special benefits, financial education, special savings and loan terms.
To get your match, stop by one of our five branches, or open a Youth Account online!
Opening an account for your kids or grandkids? Bring the family and join us for a special Youth Day Event on May 5, with treats, games and more!
1Freedom will make a matching deposit up to $25 on all new Youth Club memberships opened April 1-30, 2018
Free Home Buying Seminar at MedStar Health
Mark your calendar for our next Home Buying Seminar on Thursday, April 19th at MedStar Health in Bel Air. This free seminar offers expert advice from Freedom’s Mortgage Loan advisors as well as local realtors and insurance professionals ready to help. Light refreshments will be provided. Bring your questions and join us for an informative evening!
Please register here, or call us at 1-800-440-4120 for assistance.
MedStar Health—Community Room
12 MedStar Blvd
Bel Air, MD 21015
Thursday, April 19, 2018
Entry is Now Open for the 2018 Education Award
We are now accepting entries for this year’s Golden Apple Education Award! Entrants must be a Freedom member and a Harford County Public Schools employee.
To enter, submit an entry form and essay. The essay must describe how you would use the funds and why you should be the one to win! Scoring favors proposals demonstrating the greatest impact on local schools, classes, students, and/or the community at large. The winning entry receives a $2,000 award. Freedom will also award 2nd and 3rd entries $500 each.
To enter, complete the entry form and submit an essay that explains why you deserve the award. Your essay may address any or all of the following questions:
- What is your plan to benefit your students, your class or your school? How will this money help you implement your plan?
- Will you take a continuing education class or classes to improve your own education and expertise? (Please be specific.) How will your education improve your students’ learning?
- Will you purchase supplies for your school or classroom? How will the supplies help improve student learning? (Please provide as many quantitative details as possible.)
- Will your plan, training, or purchases affect the Harford County Community? If yes, how so?
Please submit your Golden Apple Education Award Entry Form and essay to [email protected] by May 1. All entries will be reviewed by a panel of Freedom employees, volunteers and community partners.
- Entry deadline is May 1, 2018
- Submit by email to [email protected]
- We will announce the winner by June 15, 2018
How to Get Your Tax Documents
You can easily get your 2017 tax documents, in Online Banking or through the mail.
- Getting Tax Documents if you have Electronic Statements (e-Statements)
If you have e-Statements, 1099s and 1098s are archived and available in Online Banking. First, log in to Online Banking and click on “e-Statements”.** Once you’re in Online Banking, click the tab for “Tax Forms” to view and/or print your document.
- Getting Tax Documents if you DO NOT have Electronic Statements (e-Statements)
We mailed tax forms to members not registered for e-Statements. Forms went to the mailing address we have on file.
Not registered for e-Statements yet? Log in to Online Banking. Click on the e-Statements tab** and complete the registration steps. That’s all it takes for you to make the most of this convenient service.
Please remember to list Freedom online banking as a trusted site to prevent pop-up blockers from blocking access to e-statements.
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-440-4120, or email [email protected]
**Please be sure to disable your browser’s pop-up blocker to ensure our e-Statements page will load successfully for you.
Guard Against IRS-Themed Scams
Tax season brings fraud. In one common scam a person pretends to be an IRS agent and threatens to arrest you if you don’t immediately pay a tax debt. Or scammers may claim you have a refund and need to provide your bank or credit card information to receive it. Scammer may contact you by phone, email, letter or online.
The IRS will never initiate contact with individuals by telephone, text messages, email or social media. If you get a call, email or text from someone claiming to be from the IRS it’s fraud.
- If you get a call from someone claiming to be from the IRS, hang up immediately.
- Don’t click on any links or content within an email claiming to be from the IRS. Delete it.
- Only sites that contain “www.irs.gov” URLs should be treated as legitimate. If you come across a non-irs.gov website, social media link or pop-up window, close it.
- If you have unresolved business with the IRS, call them directly at 800-829-1040.
For more information from the IRS read this IRS-themed scam alert. You can report scam calls by calling 800-366-4484, or report them online.
For information on current scams and alerts, read our Fraud Alerts page. Subscribe to the newsletter and alerts by clicking the link at the upper-right corner of the section.
#BuyIn in Harford County!
When you’re looking for food, entertainment and fun, don’t forget all that Harford County has to offer — Harford Has It!
The Harford County community has a great selection of shops and restaurants. From historic Bel Air and Havre de Grace shopping to Harford Mall, #buyin and shop local!