Now Accepting Entries for the 2019 Educator Award
We are now accepting entries for this year’s Golden Apple Educator Award! Entrants must be a Freedom Member and an employee at a Harford County school (public or private).
To enter, submit an entry form and essay. The essay must describe how you would use the funds and why you should be the one to win! Scoring favors proposals demonstrating the greatest impact on local schools, classes, students, and/or the community at large. The winning entry receives a $2,000 award. Freedom will also award 2nd and 3rd entries $500 each.
To enter, complete the entry form and submit an essay that explains why you deserve the award. Your essay may address any or all of the following questions:
- What is your plan to benefit your students, your class or your school? How will this money help you implement your plan?
- Will you take a continuing education class or classes to improve your own education and expertise? (Please be specific.) How will your education improve your students’ learning?
- Will you purchase supplies for your school or classroom? How will the supplies help improve student learning? (Please provide as many quantitative details as possible.)
- Will your plan, training, or purchases affect the Harford County Community? If yes, how so?
Please submit your Golden Apple – Educator Award Entry Form, 2019 and essay to [email protected] by May 1. All entries will be reviewed by a panel of Freedom employees, volunteers and community partners.
- Entry deadline is May 30, 2019 (NEW EXTENDED DEADLINE!)
- Submit by email to [email protected]
- We will announce the winner by June 15, 2019