June 9, 2020
It was more than two and a half months ago that I shared with you the details of Freedom’s plans and efforts to keep our employees and members safe during the initial COVID-19 outbreak. During that time, we announced closures of our lobbies, focused branch access to drive-thrus only, and ensured the optimal performance of all digital and virtual platforms.
I want to thank you once again for your patience, understanding and flexibility through these challenging times. We are now actively finalizing steps necessary to begin gradually reopening Freedom branch lobbies, safely and effectively.
Beginning June 22nd, our Swan Creek branch in Havre de Grace, and our Park Avenue branch in Bel Air, will be available by appointment only. Our Fountain Green and Forest Lakes branches will open similarly on June 29th, or shortly thereafter.
In addition, since now permissible, we are reopening drive thru service at our Edgewood location on June 15th, Monday through Friday from 9am-3pm.
As we implement new precautions to protect you and our staff, any changes required to this timeline will be communicated accordingly. Branch hours, and other details will be posted to the Branch Locations page of our website.
As we begin to expand our in-branch services again, we have considered every aspect of the member experience, with your safety, and our employees’ safety, as our top priority. Some of the changes you will see include:
- All lobby access and hours of operation will be by appointment-only. A new appointment scheduler is being created for your use and will be accessible via our Homepage. We will notify you as soon as the appointment scheduler is ready and we begin taking appointments.
- No walk-in traffic will be available during this initial opening phase. All walk-in traffic will be directed to use the drive-thrus.
- Drive-thru service will still operate without appointments
- In accordance with Harford County Government guidelines, masks or face coverings will be required at all times while inside the branches.
- You may be asked to quickly pull down your mask to verify your identity
- Freedom staff will also be wearing masks or face coverings during your visit
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available in the lobbies. You may be asked to use the station prior to your in-branch appointment
- Plexiglass guards have been set-up at our teller stations and Financial Services desks
- Physical distancing protocols will be in place
- Increased cleaning and sanitization in high-traffic areas will be in place throughout each day
I would like to personally thank you, not only for your patience and understanding, but also for all of the positive comments and outreach you have made to me during this unprecedented time. I am truly heartened by the loyalty and commitment you have shown Freedom.
President and CEO
Freedom Federal Credit Union