The Freedom to Help Award
You've heard of the #FreedomToHelpChallenge - this year, we're debuting the #FreedomToHelpAward!
ABOUT THE Freedom to Help Award
FEATURING A $1000 DONATION
for The Awardee’s favorite local charity!
ENTRIES ACCEPTED NOVEMBER 3 – NOVEMBER 28, 2023
Freedom Federal Credit Union believes in people helping people and we are thrilled to support our Harford and Baltimore County non-profits to participate in the newly-revamped #FreedomToHelpAward program (previously #FreedomToHelpChallenge)! This year, we’re honoring an individual volunteer with a Freedom To Help Award plaque (and a $1,000 donation to the local non-profit of their choice).
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
- Nominate a volunteer to win The Freedom to Help Award! The award is designated for an unpaid volunteer, who has chosen to spend their free time in the service of a charitable mission – someone who has gone above and beyond in making the cause theirs.
- To Submit: Email [email protected] with a picture of your volunteer (preferably in action) and a brief description (No more than 800 characters; 1-2 paragraphs) of how this volunteer furthers the mission of your organization. Be sure to summarize your mission in the entry and include your website where people can learn more to volunteer or donate. Please also attach your most up to date logo. SUBMISSIONS ARE DUE BY NOV 28th, 2023.
- Keep in mind that nominations can ONLY be submitted by a local Harford or Baltimore County-based 501c3 non-profit organization, one nomination per organization each year.
- The nominees and nominating organization will be highlighted to the community on our Facebook and Instagram pages from Dec 4th – Dec 8th. As in previous years, the community will be asked to vote with a “like” or a “love.”
- The nominee with the most “likes”/”loves” between Instagram and Facebook receives the Freedom to Help Award and $1000 donation!
Freedom Members and non-members alike are welcome to enter. See our Award Program Rules for full details.
HOW TO ENTER
- Email [email protected] with a picture of your volunteer (preferably in action) and a brief description (No more than 800 characters; 1-2 paragraphs) of how this volunteer furthers the mission of your organization. Be sure to summarize your mission in the entry and include your website where people can learn more to volunteer or donate. Please also attach your most up to date logo.
- Like / follow Freedom Federal Credit Union on Facebook / Instagram
- Vote for and share your favorite finalist on Freedom’s Facebook / Instagram pages: Dec 4th-8th
We can’t wait to share your story!
*Nominations can ONLY be submitted by a local Harford or Baltimore County-based 501c3 non-profit organization, one nomination per organization each year.
LIVE votE: Monday, DEC 4 – FRIDAY, DEC 8
Make It Count:
- 1 vote is equivalent to 1 like (or any reaction emoji) on the voting post placed on the Credit Union’s Facebook and Instagram pages during the LIVE voting period.
- Comments do not count as votes. (But they are a great place to tag friends and rally support!)
- Likes on shared versions of the voting post or on the entrant’s original post do not count as votes.
- To ensure that your getting your votes, always instruct friends to #CLICKthenVOTE, if they click on the picture it will automatically bring up the original voting post, and the VOTE WILL COUNT!
- To keep everyone guessing to the very end, we set up an internal vote for our Freedom employees. These votes are added at the end of the public voting period, so make sure to wait for our awardee announcement before celebrating!
Voting on Instagram:
- We’ll post each of the nominees – you just have to like your favorite entry to cast your vote. And yes, you can vote for more than one! The nominee with the most likes at the end of the voting period will be presented with The Freedom To Help Award – so look out for the announcement soon after the closing date.
Ways to get votes on Instagram:
1. DM our post featuring your photo to your friends with the instruction to like our post to vote for the nominee of your choosing
2. Share to you story and ask your followers to visit Freedom’s page to like the post featuring your nominee
Tips & Tricks
During voting week, share on social via your feed and stories, tag friends in the comments under your photo, and consider asking some friends to help you do the same. Some participants find that calling, emailing, and texting their friends with the info helps to build votes when the competition gets tough.
Grand Prize Info: The Final Showdown
Voting will take place during the week of December 4th. Voting will stay open until December 8th, at which point all ‘likes’ will be tallied (both internal and external) and our winner will be announced.
Public Voting will be available on Freedom’s Facebook and Instagram pages from Monday, December 4, 2023 at 10:00AM, and remain open until Friday, December 8th at 2:00PM. Every ‘like’ equals a vote. Share with your friends to increase your votes. The Awardee will be announced via Freedom’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram page on August 20th, 2023.
The AWARD IS $1,000 TOWARDS A LOCAL NON-PROFIT!
*Freedom Membership NOT required, but the Awardee must be available to participate in a photo opportunity at a local Freedom branch.