Youth Savings, Checking, Loans and Cards
Freedom has a variety of great youth club programs for newborns to young adults. We also have resources to teach financial education, encourage savings, and provide a safe entry into the world of money management and credit.
From newborns to age 2. Free Freedom piggy bank upon enrollment to encourage saving money. Stork Club members automatically transfer into the Kirby Kangaroo Club on their third birthday.
For ages 3 to 12. Earn Kirby Bucks with every deposit and save for great prizes! Kirby Kangaroo members automatically transfer into CU Succeed on their thirteenth birthday.
Kirby Club members receive:
- A special Kirby Kangaroo membership card, passbook and quarter saver
- Free access to the Kirby Kangaroo website, www.kirbykangaroo.com and newsletters
- Special initiatives for saving
- A $5 achievement award deposit for good grades and other achievement awards, such as perfect attendance, or athletic awards to a maximum of one per academic quarter.
For ages 13 to 17. CU Succeed helps students learn age-appropriate practical information on topics like managing money, buying a first car and responsibly using debit and credit cards.
- Participants ages 16 and 17 are eligible for additional benefits such as a starter checking account, credit card, or car loan with an adult co-signer.
- We offer Youth Share/IRA Certificates with terms from 6 to 60 months that only require a $100 minimum deposit to earn the dividend.
For young adults ages 18 to 25. The Choices program is designed to help young adult members manage their saving, checking, and credit independently, and to understand financial choices.
- First Home Registry, special savings for Choices members
- First-time auto loan