Sponsorship and Grant Request Guidelines
The Mission of The Freedom to Help Foundation is to enrich the communities we serve, empower individual success through education, provide resources for health and wellness, and to support our military and their families.
The Freedom to Help Foundation will support this mission by providing financial support through donations, grants, scholarships and sponsorships.
To request financial support or sponsorship from The Freedom to Help Foundation, please review donation policy and eligibility guidelines below.
All requests must be submitted via the Sponsorship and Grant Request Form below. Request forms and supporting documentation may also be mailed or e-mailed to:
The Freedom to Help Foundation
Attn: Carmen D. Mirabile – Executive Director
2019 Emmorton Road
Bel Air, MD 21015
E-Mail: [email protected]
All requests will be evaluated on an individual basis by The Freedom to Help Foundation Board of Directors. The Foundation reserves the right to deny any and all requests by any and all parties regardless of whether they meet or do not meet the criteria noted herein. The Foundation also reserves the right to provide in-kind contributions in lieu of cash requests for organizations that meet the criteria as set forth in this policy.
The Freedom to Help Foundation will consider financial support to organizations and activities that meet the following criteria:
- A 501(c)3 organization located within Baltimore County or Harford County, MD
- A current Workplace Partner of Freedom Federal Credit Union where the financial support would be used for community support or a charitable endeavor.
- A for-profit organization where the financial support would go to community support or a charitable endeavor.
- Schools or school systems seeking financial education or scholarship support.
- Financial Support will be considered for amounts of $250 or above.
- Request Forms (available below) will be reviewed by the Foundation Board on a monthly basis.
- Financial support requests are not renewable but may be applied for in subsequent years.
- Although rare, the requesting organization may be asked to make a presentation to the Foundation Board to explain in detail the financial support requested.
- Request Form information will include a description of the purpose of the financial support, what the funds will be used for, and how the Foundation will be recognized for its support.
The Freedom to Help Foundation will NOT consider requests for the following:
- Support to political or partisan organizations.
- Support to individual teams or smaller sports organizations that do not benefit a large segment of the community.
- Support to individuals (including members) or organizations seeking funds for personal or individual endeavors, including reimbursement for medical needs or expenses.
- Support to those organizations where funds would be used for the purpose of building assets or capital.
- Support to individual(s) or small group(s) that are not representative of the communities The Freedom to Help Foundation serves.
- Requests outside the scope of the Freedom to Help Foundation’s Mission.
- Quid Pro Quo.
Consideration will be given to the financial need of each request, based on the following:
- The requesting organization’s other sources of financial support.
- The support’s overall positive impact to the community.
- The size or amount of the support request.
- The availability of funds.