Now Accepting Entries for the 2019 Educator Award
We are now accepting entries for this year’s Golden Apple Education Award! Entrants must be a Freedom member and a Harford County Public Schools employee.
To enter, submit an entry form and essay. The essay must describe how you would use the funds and why you should be the one to win! Scoring favors proposals demonstrating the greatest impact on local schools, classes, students, and/or the community at large. The winning entry receives a $2,000 award. Freedom will also award 2nd and 3rd entries $500 each.
To enter, complete the entry form and submit an essay that explains why you deserve the award. Your essay may address any or all of the following questions:
- What is your plan to benefit your students, your class or your school? How will this money help you implement your plan?
- Will you take a continuing education class or classes to improve your own education and expertise? (Please be specific.) How will your education improve your students’ learning?
- Will you purchase supplies for your school or classroom? How will the supplies help improve student learning? (Please provide as many quantitative details as possible.)
- Will your plan, training, or purchases affect the Harford County Community? If yes, how so?
Please submit your Golden Apple Educator Award Entry Form, 2019 and essay to [email protected] by May 1. All entries will be reviewed by a panel of Freedom employees, volunteers and community partners.
- Entry deadline is May 1, 2019
- Submit by email to [email protected]
- We will announce the winner by June 15, 2018
Military Saves Week 2019 Seminars at APG
Celebrate for a week. Benefit for a Life.
Freedom is celebrating this year’s Military Saves Week, February 25–March 2, by matching deposits on new membership savings accounts for qualified military and DOD personnel and their families. New membership savings account deposits will be matched up to $100 for adults and up to $50 for kids.These offers are good through March 31, 2019.
Courtesy of the Aberdeen Proving Ground Family and MWR web site—
Learn to manage your finances and how little things can impact your credit scores, plus SO MUCH MORE. Get all the information below and register soon!
Location: AA Recreation Center, Bldg 3326, Erie St.
Tues, Feb 26, 2019
- 10 – 11 a.m. Seminar: “Retirement Strategies for Baby Boomers”
This seminar discusses the challenges of planning for retirement and focuses on planning essentials to better position yourself for this next phase of your life.
- 11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Seminar: “Home Selling”
This seminar covers everything from staging to settlement learn to prepare and stage your home, gather the necessary documents and understand the process from hanging the for sale sign to settlement day.
- 12:30 – 1:30 p.m. Seminar: “Home Buying”
This seminar will cover current real estate market conditions, and how that relates to home buying. We will also provide take-home information packets that discuss the step-by-step process as well as useful tips in buying real estate.
Wed, Feb 27, 2019
- 10 – 11 a.m. Seminar: “Social Security Strategies for Retirement Planning”
This seminar discusses the challenges of applying for Social Security benefits. There will be a review of the Social Security program and how it ultimately impacts our retirement decisions, and specifically on “when and how” to file to maximize benefits.
- 11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Seminar: “Saving & Investing”
This class will identify reasons to save and how to set goals for a savings plan. Participants will explore the difference between short term savings and long term investments.
- 12:30 – 1:30 p.m. Seminar: “Reaching for the 850 Credit Score”
This class will identify the characteristics of credit impacting your credit score and discuss the steps to improve your credit and increase your credit score.
* All seminars are free, but registration is required.
Partnering with Freedom Federal Credit Union, APG Federal Credit Union and ACS Financial Readiness Program. No endorsement by U.S. Army implied.
How to Get Your Tax Documents
You can easily get your 2018 tax documents, in Online Banking or through the mail.
- Getting Tax Documents if you have Electronic Statements (e-Statements)
If you have e-Statements, 1099s and 1098s are archived and available in Online Banking. First, log in to Online Banking and click on “e-Statements”.** Once you’re in Online Banking, click the tab for “Tax Forms” to view and/or print your document.
- Getting Tax Documents if you DO NOT have Electronic Statements (e-Statements)
We mailed tax forms to members not registered for e-Statements. Forms went to the mailing address we have on file.
Not registered for e-Statements yet? Log in to Online Banking. Click on the e-Statements tab** and complete the registration steps. That’s all it takes for you to make the most of this convenient service.
Please remember to list Freedom online banking as a trusted site to prevent pop-up blockers from blocking access to e-statements.
If you have any questions, please call us at 1-800-440-4120, or email [email protected]
**Please be sure to disable your browser’s pop-up blocker to ensure our e-Statements page will load successfully for you.