Now Accepting Entries for the 2020 Golden Apple Annual Educator Awards
We are now accepting entries for this year’s Golden Apple Educator Award! Entrants must be a Freedom Member and an employee at a Harford County school (public or private).
1. First Place – $2,000 Award
2. Second Place – $1,000 Award
3. First Runner-Up – $500 Award
4. Second Runner-Up $500 Award
To enter, submit an entry form and essay. The essay must describe how you would use the funds and why you should be the one to win! Scoring favors proposals demonstrating the greatest impact on local schools, classes, students, and/or the community at large.
Freedom Federal Credit Union is excited to add an additional $1,000 award to this year’s program! For the first time, Freedom will offer four Annual Educator Awards of $2,000, $1,000, $500 and $500 to Harford County Education Employees who may be a deserving teacher, school administrator or school support employee.
Scoring favors the idea with the greatest impact on local students, classes, schools, and/or the Harford County community.
To enter, complete the entry form and submit an essay that explains why you deserve the award. Your essay may address any or all of the following questions:
- What is your plan to benefit your students, your class or your school? How will this money help you implement your plan?
- Will you take a continuing education class or classes to improve your own education and expertise? (Please be specific.) How will your education improve your students’ learning?
- Will you purchase supplies for your school or classroom? How will the supplies help improve student learning? (Please provide as many quantitative details as possible.)
- Will your plan, training, or purchases affect the Harford County Community? If yes, how so?
All entries will be reviewed by a panel of Freedom employees, volunteers and community partners.
- Entry deadline is May 30, 2020 (NEW EXTENDED DEADLINE!)
- Submit by email to [email protected]
- We will announce the winner by June 15, 2020
LEARN ABOUT THE EXCLUSIVE BENEFITS OFFERED TO HARFORD COUNTY EDUCATORS- EXPLORE THE REST OF THE GOLDEN APPLE PROGRAM!